Saturday 15 November 2008

Something to Say

I haven't had much time to blog lately because my life has been pretty boring, yet busy, in the last month. However, I do have something to say now.

I went into the grocery store last night and noticed they were playing Christmas music. Now I have nothing against Christmas. I love the feeling of giving and love that comes with the season. I like singing Christmas music.However, I don't think it's fair to put your employees through over a month of Christmas music! I'm not a Grinch. I don't mind that that the stores put up their Christmas decorations and merchandise the second Halloween is done but come on now, are you trying to drive your employees to drink? Christmas music should not be played until December 1 and until then, there should NOT be a bell jingling or a red-nose glowing.

That's all I have to say about that.

PS
As I'm blogging about this, Sheldon is searching for a Christmas CD to listen to in the car. No joke.

Sigh

2 comments:

Chris and Jonette said...

Hey Jessica,

Here in Seattle, we have a radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music all day everyday every year. It seems to start earlier and earlier, this year starting on Friday the 14th of November. I feel your pain, although I do love Christmas music. Tell Sheldon that if he wants, he can stream it live on www.warm1069.com. Enjoy!

-- Chris

P.S. - Depending on how you look at it, my wife has either gotten a really early or late Christmas present, as Bingham Part Deux is due to open in select homes July 26th!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Bah humbug!! Bring it on..November 15th is a perfect day to start the music...ha ha. That's when we were listening to it. I do agree that it might be annoying to employees but there's so much music out there that after a while they may not even notice it's Christmas music playing.

Bah humbug! :-)