Saturday 28 February 2009

Lighter Than Air

Well, not quite lighter than air but I did lose 2lbs! I started running again this month to train for the 10k race in May. This time my goal is to be faster.

And if you're going to give me slack about how I don't have to lose weight, I have a story behind the reason. Last year, after all the training I did, I actually gained 10lbs. I know it isn't due to muscle mass either because I had to buy bigger pants to fit my waist. I was devastatingly disappointed after my race last year because one of the huge bonuses I was looking forward to after all that running was a nicer body. I've since pinpointed the reason down to some meds I was taking so I have done what was necessary to come off them. Now my goal for this year is to lose that 10lbs. I'm running again and I'm eating properly and so far it's working. I even avoided going to a friend's party last night because I knew she would have delicious food there (plus I was looking forward to a quiet night to rest).

Two down; eight to go!

No comments: