Saturday 15 September 2007

Kids

Today our friends' son, Jack, was baptized in the Ottawa River. It was a very cold day for such a thing but he wanted to be baptized on his birthday. Unfortunately they did not go far enough into the river and he wasn't fully immersed the first time so they had to dunk him again! Poor kid.

While we were at their house afterwards, the conversation somehow switched to our friends and Sheldon trying to convince me I should have another baby. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't ever want more kids. You see, the deal is that if Sheldon would like more kids (which he must because he always gets baby fever) he has to make enough money so that I could stay at home permanently. Today they were saying Sheldon already makes enough for me to stay home, that we would just have to make some sacrifices in our lifestyle. However, I pointed out that we would have to buy a bigger home in order to have more kids which means he has to make more money. Our house is way too small to welcome more children into it. Then they countered with how some families would squeeze five kids into one bedroom. Ummmm, yeah...no. That's never going to happen.

Nice try, Sheldon, but a deal is still a deal.

No comments: