Sunday 11 May 2008

My Decision

My dilemna was solved this morning. I've made a decision.

I choose Plan B. I will run in the October race. What pushed me to make that final decision was hearing at church that Stake Conference would be a Canada-wide broadcast with President Thomas S. Monson speaking to us. The race is on the same day as Stake Conference. If I run the race, I would miss what he has to say to us. I figure if there was something important to say if the prophet would be speaking to all Canadian members. I should probably be there.

I had a ton of reasons to race in two weeks and just as many reasons not to. I had a lot of people advising me to go for it; to run in two weeks. And I had a lot of people cautioning me to heal properly first and run in October. Hearing about Stake Conference just made that decision a whole lot easier. I do want to thank everyone for supporting me. I hope you continue to do so because you are my cheerleaders. When I'm struggling with long runs during my training, I think about you guys cheering me on. Your pom poms are in the mail. I don't want to disappoint you so I will reach my goal to run a half marathon and I will do it this year. It just won't be in two weeks.

What's even more exciting about running in the Thanksgiving weekend race is that Connor and Aidan have expressed interest in running with me too! Aidan wants to do the Turkey Trot (the 1km race). Connor wants to run the 5km race. I'm so proud of my boys. This is something we can work on together. I'm looking forward to and so excited to train with them.

Now how do I convince Sheldon to run too.

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

I think you've made a good decision. Stake conference will be great and you'll give yourself time to heal. It'll be great to have your boys running too!