Tuesday 30 September 2008

Bring it on!

Yesterday I ran my last long run before the race. How far did I run, you ask?

Oh, just 20km.


That's right, folks. I ran 20 km yesterday. Do you know what that means? I only had 1 more km to run to finish a half marathon distance! My time was 2 hours 21 min. 22 sec. but I hope to shave off a minute or two during the race because yesterday I got stopped at a couple of lights.

How am I feeling?

My legs are utterly exhausted and my muscles are sore in some places, but I did it!

From now until the race, I only have to run short runs in order to keep my muscles loose.

21 km on October 12...bring it on!

3 comments:

D said...

Sounds awesome. Go get'em.

Eric Jakob said...

That distance is unfathomable to me. You have really out done yourself.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Yeah! You go girl!!