Wednesday 18 November 2009

It's in you to give

It's been more than a year since the last time I donated blood but tonight it was good to see that they were behind by almost an hour because they had so many people there. This is one reason I'm ok to wait in line for and it's such a good experience. Can you imagine that an hour of your time can save up to 3 lives? The people that work there are always really nice. The cookies and juice at the end of it are yummy too. I encourage you to donate if you can since it's in you to give.

Oh and just in case you're worried, the actual donating part doesn't take an hour; that only takes 10 min. The rest of the time is for testing and administration.

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Good for you. I have such sucky veins that it's almost impossible for nurses to take blood (without stabbing multiple times)- I can't imagine a needle in my arm for 10 minutes. Yeah you!!!!