Thursday 3 November 2016

Two Years, One Mission, and State Finals Later

Yeah, I know. It's about time I picked this up again. Two years ago I sent Connor on a mission. You can read up on his adventures here. Aidan has had an eventful two years as well. Football has ruled his world and in his senior year, the team made it all the way to the State finals. Westlake even beat Allen's 57 winning game streak (the 2nd longest streak in the country)! With his eye on football, Aidan decided to try out for Snow College's football team. While trying out, there were coaches from Southern Virginia University there scoping the talent out. One coach invited Aidan to play at SVU if he didn't make it on Snow's team. SVU is where Aidan is now. 

That gives you a Cole's Notes version what the kids have been up to. This past year, Sheldon and I have been agonizing over our contractor's slow renovations process on the home we bought. But after 7 months, it's finally done!

But that brings me to today. Why did I suddenly start blogging again. I'm sitting here, trying to prepare my youth Sunday School lesson about setting goals and how it helps us become self-reliant and it got me reflecting on my half-marathon training. I remembered blogging about my training as a way to become accountable and since I've set the lofty goal of running a full marathon when I turn 40 (which is 1.5 years away), I've decided to pick up the blog again as a way to become accountable. It was fun re-reading some of my posts during my half-marathon days. I had forgotten a lot of it. I realize it will become helpful as I train for my full marathon.

With technology advances since my half marathon, I'm now using an app to help with my training. I started in September and was good for about 3 weeks but then I got sick and then busy at work so I've had to re-start. I've just finished my 2nd week and will start my Week 3 schedule tomorrow.

No comments: