Thursday 17 May 2007

.doc vs .pdf









I realize I haven't talked about my job lately because it's been pretty busy and I've had no stories to tell. But that has all changed since yesterday. One client that I work w
ith is not very technologically savvy. Ok, no big deal. I can handle that. So yesterday, I emailed the client asking for some pdf files we needed for the website we are developing for them. The client answered and said they were having difficulty finding the pdf files but would it be ok if they sent Word docs and I could resave them as pdfs. "Sure," I said, "no problem." A little while later, I got the files. I took a double take when I saw these files. These files were not Word files. They were PowerPoint files. Who in the world creates their Annual Reports in PowerPoint??? No, they were not slides of the reports. It was their whole annual report made in PowerPoint.

I think my design and layout teacher would drop of an aneurysm...right....about....now.

1 comment:

D said...

That is wicked.