Wednesday 24 January 2007

Nothing Like Mom's Home Cooking

There has to be something said about having your mother around to cook. I've learned that when my mother comes, I stay out of the kitchen even though I think, "This is her vacation. She should be resting." Mothers. Go figure. But since I've been so busy these last three years, meals at home have been quick and mundane. But no frozen chicken nuggets or spaghetti served when she's around. Don't get me wrong. I know how to cook and I'd like to believe I cook well. But it takes a lot more effort and prep time when cooking good healthy meals. Having my mom around, even though it's just for a week, is such a nice break from the regular meals. Hey, if even my kids will eat Chinese vegetables, even though it's not a lot, I'm all for it.

With that said, I guess you can tell that my mom is in town. She's here for Aidan's baptism which happens this Sunday. I can't believe my baby is getting baptized! He's too old and I'm too young...lol. But I'm so happy that this special occassion is upon us. I love it even more to see all our caring friends there witnessing this milestone for my little boy. Shoot, he's told me time and time again not to call him that anymore. Sorry, Aidan. Anyways, I'll be sure to post some pictures of that so stay tuned. More good times to come...

No comments: