Saturday 28 April 2007

A full week...

This week has been full of happenings. First off was Monday. I took Connor to his first Kiwanis Music Festival competition. I was his accompanist. Before leaving for the competition, he was very upset. He really didn't want to compete. It's ok to perform in a recital or concert setting but competing upset him. He definitely didn't get that from me...lol. Anyways, everything turned out for the best. He got 2nd place, despite the mistake I made on the piano. Usually if I make a mistake, he's really good at carrying on. I just pick up where he's at if I make a mistake. Now to understand what happened, I have to explain that my part has a lot of movement in the left hand. When we were beginning a new section, I didn't hit my first left hand note hard enough to make a sound before I moved my hand up to play the next chord so Connor was waiting for me to start while I went ahead to play the 2nd chord. He hesitated and we didn't come back together as nicely as we usually do if I make a mistake. Anyways, he didn't get punished for my mistake, which was good. I was feeling really guilty.

On Tuesday, Sheldon and I made another trip to Farm Boy. Once again, we were reminded that there are surgically enhanced chickens walking on Boy's farm. Apparantly, they are on sale again this week. Oh and I wasn't the only one obsessing about them either. While visiting teaching, Lindsey had brought the subject up.

Then on Wednesday, D and R had their baby. Welcome to the world baby Scott.

On Friday morning, I went to the passport office to get the boys' passports. I arrived at 7:15 and the doors opened at 7:30. There were already 30-40 people in line when I got there. Apparantly the whole week had been pretty quiet and this was the first day in a while they've seen so many people in line. So great, of all days I had to pick to go. It wasn't too bad, I guess. I got to work before 9:30.

On Friday night, I went over to Jen's house so we can figure out where exactly we're going on our upcoming adventure to France. The theme song of the night was "Sur le pont d'Avignon". As we were planning, I realized I couldn't have chosen a better travel companion. We've never truly discussed
what we wanted to see and do on the trip but it turned out we wanted to do exactly the same. We agreed not to visit a town for the same reasons and we even agreed we'd rather spend our nights in a quaint little bed & breakfast place than a fancy chateau when Eric showed us pictures of different places we could stay at. Even how we researched showed great teamwork. Jen would look up a town in the travel book, I'd check the Internet, and as she was looking up more information, I'd look to see how long it would take to travel to each town. There's even a festival in Nimes during the days we planned to visit there. Everything just worked out so perfectly. I am definitely excited for our adventure now that we know where we're going.

And it brings us to today. I had a wonderful Mommy and Aidan night. We wnet out for dinner, saw a movie, and then he helped me pick out Sheldon's birthday present.

Next Saturday will be Mommy and Connor night. I'm looking forward to that as well, but he better not pick Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the movie. I don't know if I could sit through that again. If he does, I may have to jump off Pont d'Avignon, not dance on it.

2 comments:

jenjakob said...

Absolutely no jumping off of the Pont D'Avignon. Not allowed. Can't wait for France and to pick out some of the greatest places to stay. YAY!!! It will be fun. Warning you, though. Sometimes frustrating things happen while travelling so expect a few hiccups. It's all part of the journey!

Jessica said...

Ok, I won't jump. Who knows how clean the water is anyways. Oh and no problem about the hiccups on our adventure...I'll still love you!