Wednesday 4 April 2007

Welcome to the World, Brendan

Congrats to my cousin, who is like my big sister. They just had a baby boy. He was born April 3rd. We joked how he could come on my birthday but I guess he just couldn't wait one more day. I found out the day he was born and called the hospital in Vancouver right away. Her husband answered and laughed how news travelled fast. Hey, when it's important like this, I just have to know.

As for my own birthday, tonight we feasted on sushi at my favourite restaurant...Taste of Japan. Aidan is the picky eater in the family but I was very proud of him when he actually ate a spider roll. For those sushi novices, that's a soft shell crab that's coated in tempura batter, deep fried, then wrapped as a roll. You eat the whole crab...legs and all. The legs just stick up out of the roll, hence the name spider roll. Usually, he only eats salmon sashimi (just raw slices of salmon) but this time, he even ate salmon nigiri (slices of raw salmon on rice).

Afterwards, we went to Dairy Queen for dessert. I was worried the boys wouldn't be able to go to bed with all that ice-cream in their tummies, but somehow they zonked right out.


The latest news on Connor's situation is this...the principal got involved, pulled in the little twerps, gave them a talking to, and called their parents. So far I have not heard any new complaints from Connor. Thanks to all of you who gave me advice and kept him in your prayers. Hopefully this is the last of this chapter in his life.

Anyways, time to go to bed and dream about the sushi I just ate. Mmmmmm...unagi and california rolls. Yummy goodness!!!

*** Chrissie, are you officially jealous yet? lol....good!!!

1 comment:

jenjakob said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed your birthday dinner with the family. Yummy, yummy.