Tuesday 5 June 2007

Jess and Jen's Excellent Adventure - the trip home

So Monday Jen and I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6am in order to catch our flight home. Because my back has been aching, we opted to take the shuttle bus to the airport instead of taking public transit (which would have been much cheaper, but oh well). The terminal I was leaving from came first. I noticed the guy was having trouble getting my pack out of the luggage compartment because it was caught on something. That something turned out to be Jen's pack. I had to giggle because it was like a sign that we didn't want the trip to end. Anyways, the long flight home was fine until I got to Montreal to make my connecting flight.

If you have read any of Sheldon's posts or have even just talked to him, you are aware of how worried he was about the guys in French hitting on me or bothering me. That did not happen once on the trip because I was not looking my best...frumpy travelling clothes and minimal to no makeup whatsoever. So I got no attention in France at all. But in Montreal, that was a different story. As I was going through customs, the guy asked me more questions than usual. I was tired so I was answering them quietly and unemotionally. Then as I walked past the guy to hand in my customs declaration card, this guy asked me to go to the other side. I thought he wanted me to show my card to the lady. I handed her my card and she asked me to go around the corner. I was confused?

It turns out they wanted to search my bags! So there I was standing there as another guy nicely went through my bags asking me questions like where I worked, etc. Finally after that was done, I checked my pack in again and headed towards the security check. Once I went through the detectors, the lady wanted to pat me down! Geez, I get no attention from the French in France but the French in Montreal were all over me...lol.

Anyways, I am home safely now and madly trying to catch up on things here before the boys and I fly out to Vancouver tomorrow for a family wedding. Yes, my travelling has not ended yet.

During this busy day sometime, I hope to get the pictures from our adventure up. Until then...

2 comments:

KabalRPG said...

I wasn't that worried! Not about you anyways, it's all those dirty frenchmen I was worried about ;)

Ryan and Katie said...

I knew there was something shifty about you.... ;)