Sunday 17 August 2008

Hot and Tired

It was hot. I was tired. I ran out of water. I stopped at a bagel shop to get a water refill. I ran really slow. It was really hard. But I did it. I ran 14km. But I did it in 1 hour 44 min. It was the heat. My body was hot. My body was tired.

I'm dreading next week when I have to do it again. I'm dreading the thought of having another 7km to run when it's time to run the half marathon.

I'm tired. I'm a little cranky. I don't want to run in the heat anymore.

I think it was past the 10km mark when I kept thinking I could call Sheldon up and he can come pick me up. It was a really hard run physically and mentally.

If I quit earlier, I didn't want it hanging over my head that I still hadn't accomplished 14km. That would have really put me in a bad place mentally. The thought of having to try the 14km again if I quit was the only thing that kept me going. I didn't want that hanging over my head.

So I struggled. Boy did I struggle.

But I did it.

And when I finished, I had Connor watching out for me at the window and Aidan getting me a cold glass of water with ice and a bowl of strawberries; waiting for me when I came in.

Thanks boys. You are my cheerleaders. You made me smile after a long and hard run.

Now I'm going to eat and pass out for a bit. Oh and I'm going to drink lots of water too!

PS...Aidan wanted me to edit this post to add that I also have a blister on my baby toe. What a goof!

No comments: