Monday 4 August 2008

Running Update

With my mom visiting, I've done a lot of eating and not so much running. I did run a steady 5km for the first time last Tuesday. That's no walking whatsoever!

Today I ran 10km. I don't recommend doing it in 30 degree heat. It was only 25 when I left but it quickly rose 5 extra degrees during my run. Boy, was it hard. I ran it in just under 1 hour 12 min. which is about 4 min. slower than my last 10km run. I guess the heat will do that to you.

I haven't officially started my hill training however my 10km route has 3 hills in it. At least I'm not totally hopeless there.

This last weekend we took my mom to Montreal for her first time. Lots of stories to tell as we had quite the adventure. I'll save that for my next post though. I have more eating to do now.

No comments: