Thursday 8 March 2007

Rejected No More

Hurray, I'm not rejected anymore! I donated blood for the first time last night. Actually I just made the minimum requirement of iron in my blood. It's wierd because I've been taking iron supplements and eating lots of cream of wheat for breakfast too. I thought my levels would be more. Oh well, I was accepted. I have to say I felt really good about doing this. It's been something I've been wanting to do for years. Three lives will be helped with my one donation. Pretty cool.

Oh and I won't have moments of boredom at work anymore. Today the assignments and projects came piling in. There's a few more to come still too. I'm really excited to be busy again and this is my chance to show what I can do. It's sink or swim time.

Yesterday was Portfolio Review and mine went really well. I only have a few things to re-work. The account director reviewing it was really impressed with everything. I came out of it feeling very confident. Near the end, she was looking at my resume then said she thought she recognized me from somewhere. At first I thought does she know me from church? Then she said she was one of my judges from OCMC...the integrated marketing communications competition I took part in last November and came in 4th by 0.38 points.

Well, it's time for me to watch Survivor with the family. Stay tuned for more updates...

2 comments:

jenjakob said...

What's up? Are you busy, Jessica?

D said...

Giving blood? Doesn't that involve needles?

ohhhhhhh... i think i'm going to faint...