Tuesday 6 March 2007

Shout Out

As promised, here's my shout out to you, Kaicy! Hope your move goes well. I looked at the place on the internet...pretty cheap! We'll have to cross the river and see you once you've settled into your new place.

As for me, my work placement is going well. Slow but steady. I have pockets of downtime which drives me bonkers! I love to keep busy; you all know that. But it's allowed me to post lots so I guess that's ok. Tomorrow I go back to school for a Portfolio Review...my last official "day" at school. We have to videotape our iPhone presentation that afternoon too. I must say a very fitting way to end the year.

The family is doing well. Connor is home with a cough today...no faking that. He was coughing all night. Yesterday he received the "Unity" award from school. It's awarded to the student in his class that goes out of his way to include people and is a good friend to others. I'm very proud of him.

Last year, Aidan received the "Confidence" award. This came at a very good time for him because they had just switched schools and he went back into his shell. He was quiet, shy, and did not contribute answers in class. After his parent/teacher interviews, we all encouraged him to speak up more in class. The teacher noticed his efforts and was given this award.

I am very proud of my boys.

Sheldon is adjusting to my "office hours". It doesn't mean he likes it though. Actually, I don't like them very much either. I don't get enough time at home to spend time with the kids, take care of dinner, housework, groceries, etc. Such is the life of a working mom, I guess. I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom again but I know that the days would drive me nuts since both boys are in school now. If I were to stay home, I'd need something during the day to keep me busy but I don't think I'd go back to babysitting. My house is not babyproof anymore. I guess the perfect job would be one that allows me to work from home. C'est la vie.

No comments: