Sunday 4 March 2007

Sisters

Today was a very uplifting day. Jen, you gave a great lesson today. I felt closer to my fellow sisters, that's for sure. It's days like today that make church so enjoyable. Jen and Angelina, you are truly my sisters...faults and all. Love you guys!

I called up one of the inactive sisters on my VT list this afternoon. After talking to her, I found out that Champlain had a Chinese New Year's celebration of some sort. I was surprised that I wasn't told about it. My kids were upset when I didn't have any special dinner or party planned. I think something like this should be opened up on a Stake level. I guess that would be a job for...me! I need to track down who organized it this year and collaborate somehow with them. If it's a potluck, then it's something that could be easily put together every year. Hmmm, something to add to the budget for next year.

I'm also considering adding another new activity this year. I always organize dances but we need more "family oriented" activities. So I want to organize a Stake Bonfire but I need to find out where in the city (or just outside) would allow such an activity. It would be a fun, leisurely activity. We'd roast marshmallows and hot dogs, drink hot apple cider, and sing songs around the fire. I guess this would shape up to be a late summer-early fall event. If anybody has suggestions on where this could happen, let me know.

1 comment:

jenjakob said...

Thanks. BTW, it was the missionaries in Champlain that initiated the Chinese NY Party on Feb 16th but Lesley ended up helping out at the last minute. I'm sure they would love the idea of not being responsible for it next year.