Tuesday 10 July 2007

A Close Call

On Monday at 3am, I woke up suddenly to the faint sound of thunder. I sat up very quickly and turned on the light. My heart was pounding and I was trying not to freak out. I turned on the TV and turned up the volume in order to drown the sounds out. Then I realized that all the windows and blinds upstairs were open! I mustered up the courage and ran around the house frantically closing the windows and blinds. I had to hum a song while I did it to keep my nerves from getting to me. I watched a bit of a pilates infomercial on TV until I was starting to get sleepy again. The storm didn't come closer so I went back to sleep.

Then at 4am, I heard thunder again. On goes the light and TV again. The storm didn't come closer again, so I tried to go back to sleep. The cycle went around again at 6am. What an awful night. Plus my allergies are really bad for the last couple of days so I've been feeling blegh! My eyes are totally bloodshot and eyedrops are not helping at all.

On another note, the boys are having a good time. However, Connor is starting to get very bored and annoyed with the kids. Eiliana, my niece, is very much like Aidan. Connor is at the stage where he finds Aidan very, very annoying. So now he has to put up with two "Aidans". Sheldon says he may send Connor to a day camp or something in order for him to play with kids his own age. That should help things a bit. Poor guy. I really feel for him.

Well, I better get back to work. It's a busy, busy week and I don't seem to find the time at home to get on the computer. Ahhh, the single life.

No comments: