Sunday 8 July 2007

Iron, Gypsies, and Paint

I am just over halfway through my first week of living on my own. It hasn't been too bad. I would have brief moments of fear before going to bed each night, but otherwise I'm doing well. My eating habits have been good...lots of spinach salads, cream of wheat, and iron pills to rev my body up for my next blood donation appointment on Wednesday. I really hate being rejected.

Yesterday I painted Aidan's room. It took my about 10 hours to finish because I had to clear his room as much as possible, rip off the girly teddy bear wallpaper left from the de Souzas, wash the walls, and then apply two coats of paint. I had to do this in two phases (half of the room per phase) because I couldn't move the bed and bookshelf out of the room by myself. I even brought a mini-tv upstairs while I worked so I could watch/listen to Live Earth. The music kept me entertained. I have to say, I really loved Madonna's performance. She is also in such good shape. I want arms like hers...not the flabby chicken wings that I have. I think if she ever goes on tour, that's one concert I would definitely like to see. She did a rendition of La Isla Bonita featuring a couple of gypsies on the violin and guitar. It was amazing. I loved it. The song incorporated another gypsy like song into it...very cool.

Anyways, I've been keeping up to date with the comings and goings of the guys through emails and blog entries (btw Sheldon, it's about time for another entry, don't you think?). However last night, just as I was going to sleep, they called so I was able to physically hear their voices. Bad idea. It made me realize how much I missed them. I wanted to hug them all so badly but I knew I had to wait three whole weeks before I could do it. That is much too long of a wait. So I'm trying to keep myself busy. I've jam-packed my week with activities, and now I want to paint my hallway before Saturday so it frees me up the following Saturday to go on the RS temple trip. Can I do it, or am I just setting myself up to be exhausted? We shall see...

No comments: