Sunday 15 July 2007

A Very Busy Week

You would think that living by yourself would allow you to have lots of spare time. This week didn't prove this to be true at all.

Sunday: went to church, went to visit Amy in the hospital (impromptu decision), went to Brianna's baptism

Monday: went to work exhausted (see previous posting), went to the post office, went to grab a few groceries, wolfed down supper in 5 minutes which left me 5 minutes to get ready for volleyball and pickup a team mate (Sheldon, can you just picture me running around the house?), played volleyball and saw a man in a Speedo (Why is that men that wear Speedos are the men that should never wear Speedos? Actually, let me rephrase that. Men should never wear Speedos, period.) watched Canadian Idol

Tuesday: went to work, went to RS Enrichment, rushed home to watch Canadian Idol

Wednesday: went to pickup then deliver a cake to a client (long story), went to work, stayed at work later because my moonlighting as a cake delivery driver made me fall behind at work a bit, rushed home to eat dinner so I could donate blood (very bad to skip a meal before donating), crossed my fingers that I would pass the iron level test, donated blood (YES! I passed the test!!) rushed home to watch So You Think You Can Dance ,(this was supposed to be replaced by going to see the movie Paris. Je t'aime with Jen but she canceled on me. Hey, is it still playing?)

Thursday: went to work, had dinner with Dixie, went shopping (I hate bra shopping but it's been about 3-4 years since I last went), watched So You Think You Can Dance

Friday: went to work, stayed at work late again, rushed home to shower (no time for dinner), rushed to Bev's house, double-booked myself so left after 45 min. and went to meet Angelina, Tom, James, Jon, and Korteney to watch Harry Potter...IMAX-style (but first I caved and went through drive-thru for a cheeseburger and fries...man, was I starving by then), didn't get to bed until 1am

Saturday: had a quick breakfast, ran some errands, gobbled down some lunch, threw some laundry in, mowed the lawn (front and back), watered the garden, laid some grass seed down, tried to wash rust stains out of cement (CLR did not work so unfortunately the stains are still there) , vacuumed, swept, and mopped the floors, made some mini-cheesecake tarts, cleaned one of the bathrooms, cleared the clutter in the kitchen and living room, took a shower, ran to Ikea because I suddenly had the idea that I wanted to serve our non-alcoholic drinks in wine glasses (ok, those lineups are way too long), hosted girls' night, didn't get to bed until 2:30am

Girls night was a blast. It was great seeing everyone again. It's been too long. And hopefully those who couldn't make it (and said they would...I'm talking to you, Sheri!) can come by next time. Angelina proved that you can never show up too late...lol. Oh and I hope some of our topics of discussion didn't scare anyone away...yikes! Good times, good times.






No comments: