Sunday 2 March 2008

Week 1, Sunday
  • The long run day - 4 miles
  • Treadmill speed: 4.8 miles/hr; the last 1/4 mile a sped up to 5.3 miles/hr
  • Time to complete: 52 min.
  • This wasn't too bad. It wasn't like my last run but it wasn't like last Sunday's dreadful run. I ate lunch over 3 hours prior but I don't think I had digested everything yet because halfway through I felt like I was still full. Or maybe it's because I gulped so much water during the run that the water made me full.
  • I know I said I was going to reward myself with a massage but I'm going to do a little more than that. A client of mine gave me a gift certificate for a spa to thank me for some recent hard work, late nights, and weekends I spent on their projects. So I'm going to use that to get a hot stone massage. For my little reward for reaching 5km though, I bought a new shirt and pants to run in and a running watch that will keep time during my interval training. What should I plan on getting for my 10km milestone? Sheldon if you're reading this, perhaps musical tickets for the year? - wink, wink.

Week 1, Saturday
  • Cross-train
  • I think shoveling the driveway and helping the neighbour shovel her driveway counts as cross-training. You?

1 comment:

D said...

Get a really big foam cowboy hat. It is the ultimate motivator. That or a some tickets.