Sunday 30 March 2008

A new milestone!

  • Ran 6 miles (almost 10 km)
  • Total time to complete: 1 hr. 15 min.
This run was really really hard. For the first time, my chest and abdomen was hurting a bit from trying to breathe. I don't know why it was so hard breathing today. I sucked at running. I really had to force myself to keep going. Even during my last 0.5 mile, I was considering walking the rest or quitting but then I had to talk myself out of it because it would just be stupid to stop running with only 0.5 mile to go. Man, was it hard running. I'm totally in shock right now. I'm elated that I accomplished this but it was at a cost. My mind is full of thoughts like "This is only half of a half marathon. How in the world am I going to finish on race day!" I guess I should counteract these thoughts with "Look how far I've come!" At least I know that at this time to complete almost half the half marathon that I'll come in around my time goal which is 2 hr. 30 min. I might try and increase my speed a little during the last couple months of training in order to ensure I come in at 2 hr. 30 min. Oh and if you're wondering what I did to beat the boredom since the laptop I use on the treadmill is broken, I downloaded some Podcasts (i.e. one about The Office, and some brain strengthening exercise thing). Maybe this is why it was hard to run today; it was a change in my distraction. Well, we'll see how I do during next week's long run. Mind you on Tue. and Thur., it will seem like a long run anyways because I think I do 5 miles now on those days. Sigh.

1 comment:

Eric Jakob said...

Well done you tenacious punk. If you put your mind to winning the marathon its yours