Sunday 6 July 2008

Week 5, Sunday

Today's route was changed up a bit. I ran to Centrepointe (the next neighbourhood), ran to a path that cut through back to my neighbourhood, then ran around my whole neighbourhood. Sheldon and Connor rode their bikes along side. I was planning on running only 7.5 km. I planned out my route on gmap-pedometer.com. But since I was playing around with different routes, I couldn't remember if I had to run past my house and come around the back or not to finish the 7.5km. I thought, better safe than sorry and ran through the back route just in case. Turns out I didn't have to. I could have gone straight home. So I double checked on the online tool and the total distance today...drum roll please...7.8 km! (shoot, I was so close to 8km too)

I have to tell you the truth. It was a hard and crappy run. I was fine the first 10 min. but after that I felt like puking. Word to the wise...don't eat anything garlicky an hour and a half before you run. Everytime I felt a burp coming up I thought I was going to hurl. Plus when I did burb, it was disgustingly filled with garlic. Blegh!

On my training schedule I was supposed to run 9km but since the rain and long work hours got me off schedule, I thought it better to ease back into it.

Anyways, I did it!

Now I'm hitting the showers because boy do I stink!

No comments: