Saturday 5 April 2008

Here comes a new decade!

So I've finally joined the 30-year old club. The "baby" of the group has finally arrived. The company I work for lets you take your birthday off but since this was the last weekend before a HUGE project is due, I knew there was no way I could take the day off and totally enjoy it. It's a good thing I did too because I ended up having to stay an extra hour because something came up that if it wasn't caught, it would have totally screwed the project up and made us totally miss the due date. I did celebrate by having Sheldon join me for a sushi lunch and then the family, Jen and her boys joined me for a sushi dinner. That's right folks, I had sushi for lunch AND dinner! YUM!!

For some reason, people get teased about turning 30. I know I defintely bugged Sheldon about it. Actually I still bug Sheldon every year. But me, I'm embracing 30. I'm really excited about it because it's like a new chapter in my life. I've entered 30 in good physical shape (especially with all this running I've been doing) I am spritually on the right track, I'm working on improving some areas of my life, and I have a wonderful family and great friends who love me. How can I complain about turning 30 when it can only get better! Well, maybe tickets for the whole family to see all 3 musicals coming to town this year would top it off, but I'm not going to push my luck ;)

Anyways, my mother says I'm entering the "summer" of my life. I think that's what makes me so excited about what's to come because I LOVE the summer. However, I have observed that for the last 5 years, it has snowed near or on my birthday. Yesterday was not an exception to that rule. I don't know what it is? We could be having spring-like tempurtures and then BAM! it snows on April 4. Go figure. Like I've said before, Mother Nature has a cruel sense of humour. Look at all the snow we got this year. I don't think it will melt until May!

Anyways, I will take my birthday day off from work on Mon. Apr. 21. My friend at work was really smart and suggested I take a Monday off and not a Friday because knowing me, I would spend my Friday running errands and not actually relaxing and enjoying the day off. What a smart girl she is!

Well, I just want to end by saying I had a wonderful birthday and totally felt the love from everyone. Thank you for all the birthday wishes and cards. I'm going to go enjoy the new Sarah Slean CD Sheldon gave me for my birthday now. That was just one of the things he bought me...none of the other gifts were musical tickets though. Darn!

**Sheldon, I'm just being silly about the musical tickets. I know we can't afford them so don't go running out to buy them please or else I'll feel guilty. Yes, I know. Me and my guilt.

No comments: