Sunday 6 April 2008

Week 6, Sunday

  • 5 km race
  • Total time to complete: 33 min. 07 sec.

OK so today I didn't actually participate in a 5 km race like the training schedule said I should but I did run 5 km and did it outside for the first time! What a beautiful couple of days we have had. Friday it snowed but on Saturday and Sunday it was over 10 degrees! I even went out without a coat on. It was marvellous!

The run was good too. I had a nice cool wind blowing on me. It was a little harder the last half because I was running into the wind; but at least I know what it feels like to run outside now. I was worried that it would be too hard. Let's see what the long 7 mile run will feel like outside next week (if weather permits).

I used a running calculator online to see what my projected time to finish the half marathon is: 2 hrs. 32 min. 04 sec. My goal is to run it in 2 hr. 30 min. so I have a couple minutes to shave off. Considering this was my first time running outside though, I'd say I didn't do too bad. I still have about a month and a half left of training. I can do it!

No comments: