Sunday 20 January 2008

Running to catch up

I have a bit of catching up to do on my blogging. I'm combining my running journal with what I've been up to this weekend for simplicity sake.

Week 2, Day 6
  • Run 3 min., walk 1 min, repeat 4 more times
  • Today's run was fine. I think I'm ready to push the run longer than 3 min. However, my knees still felt a little achy today...kind of like there's not enough cartilage to cushion my knee. Something to watch out for.
  • A friend said I should make these entries juicy if I was worried about people being bored just reading about my training so I think I'll tell you what I watched on the laptop while running. I've been trying to find a show on the Internet that had full episodes of a season. I find the trashy shows are quite entertaining while running. Today, I picked The Real World: Sydney. We were introduced to 4 girls and 3 guys who have to live together in a house for 4 months (like Big Brother but they get to go out and work like normal, nobody is kicked off and I don't think they win any money). Drama, drama, drama. One of the two girls who are the younger party girls clashed with one of the two girls who are more "level-headed". At the root of it...a boy who has a girlfriend back home. Oh the drama!
  • This morning Aidan was upset that Sheldon switched guitar teachers on him. Sheldon wanted a more experienced teacher for him; Aidan liked the cool teenager that was teaching him.
  • Sheri's Facebook this weekend said to go to church to see who her surprise house-sitter was. Here's who it was...

Jen, Rachelle, Me

Week 2, Day 5
  • Walk for 20 min
  • Worked all day and missed ice-skating with the rest of the family.
  • Also went on a fun double date with the Jakobs. Thai food for dinner in Gatineau, got tickets from the de Souzas to see a Cuban latin jazz music at the NAC (complete with girls throwing themselves at the lead singer who looks like a sweaty Cuban version of Ross from the tv show Friends), and then dessert at an Italian restaurant in Little Italy. Fun times, great friends!
Week 2, Day 4
  • Today I came home from work just to work some more. My VPN access to work cut out just before 11pm so I figure that was my cue to stop working. Today I was supposed to walk for 20 min and then I had tomorrow off but I switched it because I was working so late.

No comments: