Tuesday 22 January 2008

Week 3, Day 1
  • Run 4 min, Walk 1 min, repeat 3 more times
  • Legs and knees were sore today. I went to The Running Room and got properly fitted for running shoes.
  • The run was much better with these shoes on. My right shin muscle is pulled a little so that was bugging me a little. Overall, the increase of time was fine. I didn't suffer at all. During the last cycle I did count down the time a bit more but it didn't feel bad.
  • I'm debating whether to sign up for a web clinic at The Running Room. I don't have to physically be at the running clinics. They supply once/week "podcasts" from instructors and there are online tools to help you. I'll think about it some more. The only thing I really worry about is whether or not the training schedules I've pulled from the Internet will really prepare me for a half marathon.
  • I picked up a brochure on the Ottawa Weekend Run in May. I got excited looking at the route. A little intimidating, but excited.

Week 2, Day 7
  • Day off
  • Asked a friend at work about my knees being sore. She says it's because I'm wearing cross-trainers, not running shoes.
  • Played volleyball and my knees really hurt afterwards. I had to ice them when I got home.

1 comment:

D said...

I've heard that proper shoes make all the difference. I bet it will take a while for your shin to settle out again, but it should be fine. I dont't know much about sore knees. Hopefully that just goes away too.