Tuesday 15 January 2008

Week 2, Day 1

Run for 3 min, Walk for 1 min, repeat 3 more times
  • Even though I only had to do the cycle 4 times, I did an extra one for good measure. I also talked to my friend Sarah who is a running athlete and she made a training schedule for her sister who never ran before. I asked her how long it took her sister to run a half-marathon, just so I could later gauge my own time against something. She said her sister ran it in about 2 hours and 15 min. I think I can do that. I'm running at an average of 4.5 miles per hour on the treadmill right now and that's a comfortable slower-paced jog for me. I think I can work myself up to tackle 5 miles per hour or more. I feel great for doing an extra cycle. That way if the next run is too much for me, I don't have to feel guilty for cutting one cycle out. It's all about stocking up...just kidding. Seriously though, I'm feeling really good about this.

No comments: