Tuesday 26 February 2008

Official Half-Marathon Training Starts

It's official, I've moved to the 12-week half marathon training schedule.

Week 1, Tuesday: 3 mile run
  • Run 9 min., Walk 1 min.
  • Completed in approx. 40 min.
  • I bought better earphones to run with (the ones that wrap around your ears), ran a little slower than usual (4.8 miles/hour rather than 5 miles/hour) and ate Swedish Berries while periodically in order to keep my energy up.
  • Today I did SOOOO much better. My mind was in a better place. I decided a few days ago to celebrate my 5km milestone. I ?hink that made a difference. As a reward, I think I'm going to get a massage. I wonder what my next milestone and reward should be? Any suggestions.

Week 1, Monday: Stretch and Strengthen
  • I'm replacing these days with volleyball and last night we kicked some volleyball butt. Sheri joined us as a spare player...thanks Sheri. You were great!

No comments: