Saturday 16 February 2008

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day, Sheldon calls me at work and asks me if I was having a good day, if I was busy, etc. I knew something was up. Any time he tries to surprise me, I can smell it coming a mile away.

Not long after, I get another phone call. This time it was somebody I didn't know. He asked me if I would be in the office between 2:30-2:45? I said yes. I definitely knew something was up. I guessed Sheldon was sending me flowers or something.

Just before 2:30, I was on a call with a client when a page went through the office asking me to go downstairs to the cafe area. I looked at my co-worker who was also on the call and shrugged my shoulders. He motioned that he would go down and check it out and I agreed. I figured if it was just flowers, he could bring them up to me.

My co-worker just got out of his chair when another page went through the office. This time my boss was asking the whole office to come downstairs to the cafe area to see what I got. Now I was thinking, "What the heck did Sheldon get me?" I made my apologies to the client and let my co-worker continue the call while I went downstairs with everyone else. I had no idea what was waiting for me.

As I rounded the corner downstairs, this is what was waiting for me...




Needless to say, I was totally surprised and thoroughly embarrassed. Well done, Sheldon and a Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

For pictures, visit my Facebook account.

Thank you to Capital City Chorus for making this a Valentine's Day to remember!

No comments: