Sunday 10 February 2008

Week 5, Day 6
  • Run 6 min., Walk 1 min., Repeat 3 more times
  • Treadmill speed: 5 miles/hour
  • Distance: 2.18 miles
  • I tried listening to the Grammy Awards on Aidan's mp3 player (you can get Global TV on the radio for some reason) but the volume only went so high so I couldn't hear very much. I could hear myself running so my attention was on me. I wasn't distracted enough. It was really hard. I'm starting to really doubt myself. If I could have a few runs where I wasn't finding it hard maybe it would boost me up some. I need to find something "fun" about it again. I'm wondering why I'm doing this at all. Why didn't I start with a 5k or a 10k race? I'm really crazy for doing this. I have about 14 weeks until race day. I'm just really feeling negative about the whole idea lately. It's hard to get motivated. I try and find any little thing that could help get me motivated but nothing has gotten me out of this "slump" yet. I hope it comes soon. Deep down inside I don't want to quit but while I'm struggling during my run sometimes, thoughts like "this is nothing compared to the distance I'm going to have to go during the half marathon" I have got to stop thinking like this. Are there any sports psychologists out there who can give me some tips? D...any thoughts?


Week 5, Day 5
  • Day off

1 comment:

D said...

Perhaps you should sign up for a 5k or 10k race happening sooner than your big event. That way, you get a more immediate goal to work towards, providing motivation to train harder. It will also give you some confidence and experience to take on a smaller race before the big day. Is there an earlier race you can get into?